Has the COVID-19 pandemic left you unemployed or furloughed? If so Microsoft is here to help get you back into the workforce by offering discounted certifications and free training.
People who have completed training for these Microsoft-specific technical roles and can attest that they have been unemployed or furloughed due to COVID-19 can secure an industry-recognized Microsoft Certification at a discounted fee of USD15.
Testing candidates will have the ability to schedule an exam between September 2020 and December 31, 2020, and will have until March 31, 2021 to appear for and complete the exam.
Microsoft Learn is a free, online training platform that provides interactive learning for Microsoft products and more. Get started here with Microsoft Learn.
Cloud Career Mentoring
Now that you know about the free training and discounted Microsoft certifications, I want to offer something that I feel is missing and that is mentoring. The cloud can be fast paced at times with new information being released daily and it can be hard to keep up if you are just getting started. So I am offering some of my time to talk with you about your cloud career aspirations. If you are interested, please use the form below to connect with me and schedule a time to talk about careers in the cloud industry.
What content is available on Microsoft Learn?
Microsoft Learn provides role-based training and learning paths for Azure developers, solution architects, and administrators. They also provide role-based training and learning paths for Microsoft Power BI, PowerApps, Dynamics365, Microsoft365, Office and Visual Studio.
Discounted Microsoft Certification exams available through this offer
|Certification name||Certification exam|
|Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals||Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals|
|Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals||Exam DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals*|
|Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals||Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals*|
|Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals||Exam PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals|
|Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals||Exam MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals|
|Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate||Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator|
|Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate||Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure|
|Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate||Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies|
|Microsoft Certified: Power Platform App Maker Associate||Exam PL-100: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker*|
|Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate||Exam MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams|
|Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate||Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration|
|Microsoft 365 Certified: Developer Associate||Exam MS-600: Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services|
|Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate||Exam DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI|
Exam scheduling checklist
To help you prepare and ensure you’re able to register and take your Microsoft Certification exam, please follow the steps below.
Note: Ability to schedule discounted exams will be available later in the year, between September 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- Make sure you have a Microsoft account
- If you already have a Microsoft Certification or have taken a Microsoft Certification exam, use the same Microsoft account.
- If you need a Microsoft account, create one.
- If you do not have a Microsoft Certification profile, you will be prompted to create one when you schedule your exam.
Important: When creating your certification profile, make sure your name matches exactly with the government-issued identification you will be using when you take your exam. The proctor will compare the name on your ID with the name in your certification profile as one part of the identify verification process.
Show me the details
Terms and conditions
- This exam offer is available to job seekers who can attest that they have been unemployed or furloughed due to COVID-19.
- You must be 18 or older to access and use this exam offer.
- This exam offer is available for a limited number of eligible individuals and exam appointments.
- This exam offer entitles you to register for and appear for one (1) valid Microsoft Certification exam at a special limited time discounted price of USD15. Offer expires December 31, 2020.
- This exam offer may be redeemed to take one (1) valid Microsoft Certification exam, delivered as an online proctored exam only.
- This exam offer is exam-specific and only redeemable for select Microsoft Certification exams.
- The window to schedule the exam offer will be available later this year, between September 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- The exam offer must be scheduled by December 31, 2020. Exam appointments must be completed by March 31, 2021.
- This exam offer expiration date cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- This exam offer may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit, or refund.
- This exam offer is non-transferrable and is void if you alter, revise, or transfer it in any way.
- Cancellation and reschedule policies and any associated fees apply.
- Testing candidates must agree to the certification exam non-disclosure agreement.
This information and more can be found here – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/skillingoffer